What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a form of holistic medicine used by over 200 million people worldwide to treat both acute and chronic conditions. It is based on the principle of ‘like cures like’ – in other words, a substance taken in small amounts will cure the same symptoms it causes if it was taken in large amounts.
Homeopathic medicines are manufactured using a process combining serial dilution and succussion (vigorous shaking). Homeopathic medicines are perfectly safe to use for babies, children and pregnant or breastfeeding women, who are under the supervision of a medically-qualified practitioner.
There are many benefits of homeopathic medicine, including:
- It can be used by pregnant and nursing women;
- It can be used by children and infants;
- It does not interfere with medications taken by a person;
- If an incorrect remedy is selected, it is completely safe and will not harm the person at all;
- Other than occasional, mild, and short-lived symptom aggravations which pass quickly and tend to be followed by improvements in the symptoms of a person, there are no side-effects of homeopathic remedies. This symptom aggravation is actually regarded by homeopaths as a sign that the correct homeopathic remedy has been selected and usually results in symptom improvements.
- It can be used for chronic or acute conditions;
- It is an individualized system of medicine which treats the person, not merely the symptoms. The symptoms, however, are addressed when using this approach and are typically improved;
- Homeopathy is a holistic approach to healing: one that involves the body, mind, emotions, and spirit of the person being treated;
- Homeopathic remedies are readily available and can, therefore, be used by anyone;
- Homeopathic remedies are typically inexpensive and therefore provide an affordable approach to healing;
- Homeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time & Homeopathic medicine is non-invasive;
- There are many studies proving the effectiveness of homeopathy, when used correctly.