Reflexology is the application of pressure to areas on the feet, hands and ears. Reflexology is generally relaxing and may be an effective way to alleviate stress.
The theory behind reflexology is that these areas correspond to organs and systems of the body. Proponents believe that pressure applied to these areas affects the organs and benefits the person’s health.
Reflexologists use foot charts to guide them as they apply pressure to specific areas. Sometimes these practitioners use items, such as rubber balls, rubber bands and sticks of wood, to assist in their work.
Practitioners of reflexology include chiropractors, physical therapists and massage therapists, among others.
Several studies funded by the National Cancer Institute and the National Institutes of Health indicate that reflexology may reduce pain and psychological symptoms, such as anxiety and depression, and enhance relaxation and sleep. Studies also show that reflexology may have benefits in palliative care of people with cancer.
Reflexologists claim that reflexology also can treat a wide variety of medical conditions, such as asthma, diabetes and cancer. However, scientific evidence is lacking to support these claims.
Reflexology is generally considered safe, although very vigorous pressure may cause discomfort for some people.
- Improve blood circulation and energy in body by stimulating pressure points.
- Give relief in Stress and helps in Stress Management.
- Relieve Back Pain, Neck Pain, Neck Stiffness, Shoulder Tension, Headache, Toothache, etc.
- Help improve digestion functioning and reduce Stomach problems such as Acidity, Ulcer, Chest burn, Gas.
- Remove craving for food and balance appetite and reduce amount of wastes.
- Relieve Depression, Nausea and other mental disorders.
- Heal Sinus Congestion and Nasal Problems.
- Reduce Nasal pain and to get rid of Runny or Stuffy Nose.
- Give relief in lung problems.
- Relieve Ankle Pain, Knee Pain, Elbow Pain, etc.
- Improve Skin tone and heal skin disorders.
- Improve Eye sight through massaging points.
- Reduce hair loss and hair fall.
- Give relief in cold, cough, constipation, Arthritis, Dizziness and Sore throat.
- Fight with Diabetes, Asthma, Thyroid problem etc.
- Improve memory power.
- Heal Menstrual Disorders in women.
- Reduce irritability, anger and frustration.
- Fight with addictions like tobacco, smoking, etc. by stimulating some pressure points.
- Heal some sexual problems also.
- Heal the injuries due to sports.
- Give Relaxation to the body.
- Reflexology can be applied to the person of any age.
- Reflexology is very easy and can be applied anywhere (irrelevant of place).
- Reflexology is useful for self-treatment, it does not ask for an Expert every time.
- Reflexology is not painful at all.
- Reflexology improves immune system of body.